Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Music Readings So Far This Week

I was reading the allmusic blog this morning and I came across this goofy headline: Eminem is planning to fly out-of-work Detroit autoworkers to Los Angeles to watch him perform on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” The Slim Shady rapper is also appearing on the cover of two upcoming issues of the comic book The Punisher. I suppose this is his true 8Mile style, lets just hope they don't start a riot in the audience over "The Real Slim Shady".

Method Man and Redman also just released "Lights Out", the prequel mixtape to their upcoming album "Blackout 2". I've played 2 singles off the album, and I have another song from the mixtape I'm going to play tonight. 

A new Ghostface Killah song recently dropped as well. "She's A Killer" is not his best work, and the hook features an annoying robotic singer named Ron Browz. But its definitely still worth listening for Ghostface's dope lyrics. Heres the link: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.7548/title.ghostface-killah-f-ron-browz-shes-a-killer

Thats all I've got, "Lock Shit Down" by Chali 2na and Talib Kweli off of Chali 2na upcoming album has been gaining supreme popualrity in the hip hop world. Enjoy the show tonight, I'll have the playlist up soon.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment